ABOUT THIS COURSE
Cyber Security Awareness Training
This qualification is appropriate for individuals employed in all levels of an organisation across any sector in which ICT systems are used as part of the business. Topics include the principles of cyber security, threats to organisational security, safe ICT use and the importance of implementing cyber security policies.
Cybersecurity for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) is a growing concern for business owners and the wider security industry. According to the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), there is a one in two chance that small businesses will experience a cyber breach.
The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for these qualifications has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales.
COURSE AIM & LENGTH
To provide the required skills and knowledge to become more aware of Cyber Security threats.
1 Day using our virtual classroom or face to face delivery
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is for those that wish to enhance their skills and knowledge in Cyber Security and by doing so increase awareness.
Candidates who demonstrate achievement of the qualification will be awarded a certificate giving the full qualification title – ProQual Level 2 Award in Cyber Security Awareness for Business.
This course can be delivered via our virtual classroom or we can visit an organisation using our mobile training team.
This course is delivered over one day, with learners then having to complete assignments.
UNIT 1 – M/507/9765 Understanding cyber security risks to business
- Understand the principles of Cyber Security within an organisation
- Understand the cyber threats to organisational and personal security
- Understand how to identify cyber risks specific to your organisational role or business area
- Understand the principles of access control and management
- Understand the importance of cyber incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Understanding the safe usage of social and professional networks within an organisation
UNIT 2 – T/507/9766 Understanding the effective implementation of cyber security policies for business
- Understand the legislation associated with information assurance and cyber security within an organisation
- Understand how to provide guidance and obtain resources to ensure an effective cyber awareness strategy
- Know how to select and use appropriate security methods to safeguard systems and data
- Understand the importance of cyber security policy compliance at all levels of an organisation
- Understand how to effectively report and mitigate against further cyber attacks
- Understand how to ensure effective compliance with organisational acceptable usage policies within area of responsibility