ABOUT THIS COURSE
Retail Loss Prevention Training
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Retail Loss Prevention (RQF) has been developed to provide learners working in a retail environment with the knowledge and understanding of how to identify and prevent loss from damage, administrative errors or criminal activities. This qualification will support a role in the workplace.
There are many causes for retail loss (shrinkage) which include internal and external theft, administrative error and even supplier fraud. This course explores all areas of retail loss prevention measures, including:
- Understanding the meaning of Loss Prevention
- Understanding common shoplifting tactics
- Prevention measures and guidance
- Looking at common types of employee (internal) theft
- Consumer rights and legislation
This qualification will greatly benefit any organisation and its staff who are concerned about retail loss. It will also bolster other qualifications, for example our crime prevention courses.
COURSE AIM & LENGTH
This Retail Loss Prevention qualification is developed to prepare learners working in a retail environment with the knowledge and understanding of how to identify and prevent loss from damage, administrative errors or criminal activities.
Virtual Classroom – 2 Days followed by assignment based projects and guided support
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This qualification is aimed at retail staff, supervisors and managers who would like to enhance their skills and knowledge in terms of retail loss prevention.
QNUK Level 3 Award in Retail Loss Prevention (RQF)
This course can be delivered by virtual classroom or face to face by subject matter experts.
Learners are assessed for this qualification through a learner workbook consisting of short answer questions.
This qualification is split into two units, with each unit having a number of associated learning outcomes.
UNIT 1: RECOGNISING THE TYPES, CAUSES AND REASONS BEHIND RETAIL SHRINKAGE
- Understand the meaning of loss prevention
- Know common methods used by shoplifters
- Know how to provide guidance to prevent retail fraud
- Know common types of employee theft
- Understand consumer rights and legislation
UNIT 2: IMPLEMENTING CRIME PREVENTION METHODOLOGY IN A RETAIL ENVIRONMENT
- Know how to apply loss prevention methodology to reduce shoplifting in a retail environment
- Know how to apply loss prevention methodology to reduce fraud in a retail environment
- Know how to detect and respond to signs of employee theft
- Know how to prevent loss caused by damage or waste
- Know how to recognise anomalous behaviours indicating possible criminal intent
- Understand citizens power of arrest
- Understand how to use preventative interventions as an alternative to arrest
- Know how to make decisions in line with brand image protection
- Understand the principles of record keeping required in effective loss prevention